Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Canned Chicken



Hi! It's Candy back to share a scrapbook layout with you.

With Globecraft & Piccolo products, it is easy to add the look of metal to your scrapbook pages without the bulk or the weight.

Candy Spiegel
Candy Scraps
Supplies:

On this page, I used pre-cut Grungeboard letters by Tim Holtz and covered them with Vintage Silver embossing powder.


Then, I created my own metal flowers out of cardstock.

First, I die cut the Tattered Flowers by Tim Holtz die using American Crafts Cardstock. Then, I used an embossing folder to add texture to the flowers. Finally, I added Real Rust, Vintage Silver and Vintage Gold embossing powders to the flowers. 

I used brads to attach them. You can also bend them slightly to provide a bit of dimension, but be careful not to bend too far or the powder will crack. (If that happens, just reheat the flower and you can make the crack vanish.)


I also covered plain wooden buttons in Real Rust Embossing Powder and added a bit of twine for a finishing touch. You can see how I did that, here.


For a tip on storing your embossing powders, visit my blog.

2 comments:

Arin said...

This is just to cute and what an amazing layout Candy!

andrea said...

so totally cute Candy, nice work! The title is perfect and the 'tin can' lettering is a wonderful idea and match.