Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Poinsettia Christmas


Hi, it's Holly, the Sweet Stamps guest designer, posting today.  I realize Christmas is over, but I just had to share this card that I made a couple weeks ago.  Since this week's Sweet Stamps challenge is Anything Goes, I figured I'd share this with you today.

I stamped the Poinsettia Corner with Tuxedo Black Memento ink in the opposing corners of the white cardstock rectangle.  I then carefully positioned the Merry Christmas Script sentiment in the center and stamped it with the same Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  Next, I colored the poinsettias and leaves with Copic markers, and then I filled in the centers of the flowers with Goldenrod Stickles.

Once the Stickles was completely dry, I then sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink to tone down the whiteness of the piece.  I glued this to a green layer and then wrapped some red seam binding around this and tied it with a bow in the corner.  I then glued this down onto a card base with some designer paper on it.

I hope you had a wonderful and very Merry Christmas with your friends and families.  If you have a chance, check out the challenge and play along with us!  You could win a $20 shopping spree!  :-)


7 comments:

~ Kendra ~ said...

Such a beautiful card! Love what you did with the ribbon!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done- love your coloring- love the ribbon!

Donna K said...

Beautiful card, Holly...I love how you've wrapped that pretty ribbon and your poinsettias are lovely!

Sandy Fredrick said...

What a beautiful card. Love how you colored the poinsettia and added the ribbon and bow. Thank you for joining us as a guest designer this month.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is gorgeous! love the way the ribbon goes around one corner!

Roxie said...

Very nice holiday card with some very festive paper in the background.

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love the coloring of the poinsettias and the glittery centers! The bow makes it look like a pretty present!