Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Parchment CAS

For my card(s) this week,  I decided to get out the Parchment and make some CAS Christmas cards.
  Hard to photograph with the gloomy lighting here. I love using Parchment and embossing and using the stylus to 'deboss' on the Parchment as well.
  The frame on the Lt is called Elegant Scrollwork Frame. I always use the Antistatic pad to swipe the Parchment cardstock before embossing on it. I used Sweet Stamps Detail White EP. I added the sentiment in the center and embossed it, and to finish the card, I fussy cut around the outer edge of the frame.
  The card on the Right uses the Artist Trading Card Frame. I used the antistatic on the Parchment Vellum first, then embossed with Queens Gold Embossing Powder. Lastly,  I added the sentiment in the center and embossed it, and to finish the card, I fussy cut around the outer edge of the frame.

 I needed a Sympathy card, so I quickly whipped up one additional card:
 You can see the detail a bit better on this card- in the swirls in-between the gold embossing is where I 'debossed', or used the stylus from behind to add detail- looks white- in that space. I added a small bow using 3/8" ribbon- SU retired Gold Organdy.

Here are the supplies I used from the SweetStamps Store:



The weekly challenge -Non-traditional Colors is HERE. Come join us- we'd love to see what you are creating!

Sweet Stamps has a Pintrest board HERE

Sweet Stamps has a Facebook group HERE

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

3 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous cards! The embossing looks amazing and just so striking! I need to try embossing on parchment...don't think I ever have, TFS!!
Sherrie K

Sandy Fredrick said...

Three wonderful cards, I always love the way these frames look when used for parchment crafting. Beautiful!!

Donna K said...

What gorgeous framing on these pretty cards. I must remember to use the anti static pad when embossing. I never remember that and always end up with flecks of EP in all the wrong places. Thank you for the reminder and thanks for sharing these stunning cards, Shelly!