Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Fun in the Sun- Paper Piecing

You still have time to enter the Paper Piecing Challenge this week- link HERE.

 Remember when we could not wait until winter ended, and swore we would not complain about the heat- whatsoever???  Hahaha  Well, it is not overly hot here, but the humidity- 65-100% it so bad!
 I used Ink Spots and daubered on colors onto the cardstock.  I started with a SweetStamps stencil AS36-011 Abstract (sneak peak- to be released soon!), using the blues for the water- lightest to darkest (Reflecting Pool, then Tidal Wave then Nassau Blue).  I sponged on the sand colors, then tore a piece of copy paper and sponged on- lightly- Tidal Wave ink for the sky.
 I stamped the chair and umbrella and the sun onto the cardstock (for placement) and added the paper pieced cut-outs.  I would sure love to be there right now : )

Products that I used from the Sweet Stamps store:



Thanks for dropping by!
Shelly

1 comment:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Wonderful design, it really looks like a day at the beach. Love how you used the stencil for the waves in the water.