Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

This greeting card stands strong!

Greetings! Linda here with my very first attempt at using our Easel Greetings. I've decided I rather like these cute little greetings. They're pretty versatile as to what you can do with them and I have ideas for more still floating around in my head.

The Easel Greetings come five to a pack so you can make several at a time, and they fit inside a standard A2 envelope for easy mailing.

I started by embossing the front of my Easel Greetings with Paisley, a M-Bossabilities folder from Spellbinders. The front of my Easel Greetings easily fit inside the folder for running through the Vagabond. I inked it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and spritzed it with a mixture made from Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls and water in a mister. I love the fact that the Easel Greeting is heavy duty enough to stand up to embossing and spritzing. After using a heat tool to speed up drying, I went around the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

I really wanted to add layers to the card so cut a scallop rectangle from Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Rectangles Large then used my paper trimmer to cut a smaller rectangle to fit inside it. I also added a pretty edge cut from the Sizzix Alterations die Distressed Doily.

All those pieces were inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink as well and the edges of the inner rectangle and the stamped sentiment piece were further distressed with an edge distressor. The Distressed Doily and the stamped sentiment were also spritzed with the homemade Perfect Pearls mist then I stitched the scalloped mat and inner mat on the sewing machine and left the threads dangling to add to the Vintage look.

The card needed some movement so I pulled the Piccolo Butterfly Flurry No.12 from my stash. I love these butterflies! They come in various sizes on the card and the little flourish with them is just so cute!


I dabbed some Piccolo Enamel Powder Adhesive on the three butterflies I selected to use and sprinkled them with Vintage Gold Enamel Powder then heat set. There are two coats of Vintage Gold Enamel on the butterflies and flourish. I heated the three butterflies briefly -just enough to melt the enamel so it works like a glue - and sprinkled on some Pure Gold Sparkle Glitter. The Pure Gold Sparkle Glitter is so, so pretty and gives so much dimension to the project. I added some antennae to the large butterfly by bending some wire then added two thin coats of Glossy Glastique to all the butterflies, allowing each coat to dry in-between.

Once the Glossy Glastique dried all that was left was the assembly and the addition of a few pearls and a pretty bow. This beautiful card is all set to send on its way!

Posted by Linda Neff: http://linda-neff.com






3 comments:

Sharon M. Reinhart said...

Very beautiful design, well done!
Sharon Reinhart

Michelle said...

Linda, I love your Thank you oval card. It is so beautiful ♥

Pinky Hobbs said...

What an amazing card! Love the vintage distressed look!