Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

A hands-on approach to Enamel Gel

Laura Drahozal
Remembering Life's Moments
Hi! Laura here and I want you to know I just adore the new G&P 3D Enamel Gels! One of my favorite ways to use them is to apply enamels to a textured surface with my fingers. The Globecraft bookboard is a perfect surface. 

First, I apply paint to create light reflection and enhance the transparency of the enamels. White and metallic colors work best for this. Then, I create texture using an embossing folder. To add the color, I simply squeeze the enamel directly onto the project and smear it with my finger.






I suppose I could smear it with a paint brush, but I prefer to actually touch my project. When it is textured, the color goes into all of the nooks and crannies. Because I am rubbing over the top of the raised areas, it leaves just a light, transparent film in those spots.
This is what it looks like done:


Another benefit is the ability to mix colors with my fingers. I just place all the colors where I want them and then blend lightly with my finger.


And the results?


Give the hands-on approach a try! You won't be disappointed. 

1 comment:

TampaStamper12 said...

This is such a great technique and I love the different ones!!!! Such pretty work you do. I'm seeing your face everywhere!! (that is good)
I had applied w/the last call at Glitter Design?
These are my favorite products that you use.....
thanks for sharing with us.