Pages

Friday, June 19, 2015

Hello Friend and a New to Me Technique

Hello!  It's Lisa here with you all and I'm excited to be here today and to share a new to me technique with all of you!  I am not sure of the technical term for this technique, but I am calling it water stenciling, hehehe! Take a peek below at my card...


To create this look I merely laid down my stencil over watercolor cardstock making sure to use washi tape on all four sides and rolled a little under the cardstock to keep it in place.  I then spritzed my paper with water and dropped the color in by using a waterbrush and peerless strips,  (You can see how it looks in the photo below) letting the water do it's magic.


Next I stamped my girl on separate watercolor cardstock and colored her with the same peerless colors as well as some Distress Markers.  Tip: Make sure you allow for drying time before watercoloring two touching areas in different colors.

To finish the whole project and to follow the sketch I was inspired by I added a die cut tag in vellum, trimmed one corner and embossed my sentiment in white on black paper.  Finally I added three sequins in complimentary colors.

I hope this has given you a new way to use your stencils, and make sure you head over to the shop to see all of the new stencils that were just added on Monday!  I LOVE them!!!!

Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Supplies Used:

3 comments:

Denise said...

Liza this is lovely I love your New Technique Water stenciling. Thanks for the step by step instructions!
xox

maggiegracecreates said...

CUTE -----

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Fantastic
hugs Tamara