Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Borders - Guest Designer Penny Ward


Hi everyone...My name is Penny Ward (and my little dog Snowy). 
As a Guest Designer this month, I would like to thank everyone at Sweet Stamps for the invitation. I have had so much fun playing with your stamps and getting inky.
I have been card making for about three years after retiring from a Fortune 500 company. I was hooked when I saw all the pretty papers and tools. When you get a spare moment, click over for a visit to my blog Penny Ward Ink.

So .....

Let's Make a Card


Fall is in the air somewhere (I live in Florida...it is still in the 90's here). I like to make my everyday cards according to the season...do you?
This card is fairly simple to make. With the Leaf Corner stamp, I only inked one edge and stamped the long side of my card panel using Memento inks. I then took a large post it note (LOVE them) and masked off a section of the card about an inch in and stamped along the edge again.


I wrapped Fall colored embroidery thread around the card, then took a long length of the threads and soaked them with Glossy Accents. Let dry. 
Tied hardened threads into a bow.With the long "tails", I wrapped them around a pencil to get those sweet curls.
Stamped the Thank You sentiment and also stamped the Leaves three more times on scrap paper, colored and fussy cut them to add as an embellishment to my bow.
Easy Peasy!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you will return again real soon as the Designers have so much more for you in the following days.

Hugs, Penny

Let's go Shopping:
White card stock
Stamps: Leaf Corner & Thank You Curly (Sweet Stamps)
Inks: Memento Bamboo Leaves, Tangelo, Peanut Brittle, Rich Cocoa (Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko)
Spectrum Noir Markers
Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Liquid Pearls: Hot Cocoa (Ranger)
Embroidery Thread




11 comments:

simply monica said...

Beautifully done love it!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Great idea using the Leaf Corner as a border!! Lovely card!!

Donna K said...

Your "easy peasy" card is stunning Penny! Thanks for sharing your tip on how to create those long strands on your bow. Very beautiful work!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this card- I love the way you created your border and the leaf you added to the twine- Thanks for joining us this month at Sweet Stamps!

Roxie said...

Wonderful fall and CAS card, great job of embellishing the card too.

Paula S. said...

So pretty! Congrats on being a guest DT Penny. I'm looking forward to what you have to come.

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

Wow! So creative. I love what you did with the leafs and making embellishments out of them too. Great idea!

ScrappySandie said...

Beautiful Fall card! Thanks for your "how-to's" too!
Sandie L

Denise said...

Wow I love this card! Those lovely Autumnal colors are lovely and is standing out on the white background. Absolutely fantastic!
Sweetie Hugs
Denise

~ Kendra ~ said...

Such a beautiful fall card!! Love what you did with the leaves!!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome design, love the fall colors and the added threads and leaves. Thank you for Guest Designing for us this week, looking forward to your next creation.