Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Mixed Media Stripes

Shelly here with my Stripes challenge card.
 I added color to the background using Ranger Distress Inks.  The inks were tapped onto the craft mat and spritzed with water.  I dragged/ran the cardstock through the color- each color was dried with a heat gun before I applied the next color.
 I added the 'stripes' with a stamp and brown Distress ink. I also sponged the edges of the card with Brown Distress ink to add stripes with the Rounded Square stencil.
  The 'buck' head is a Picolo accents and is embossed with Enamel EP. I used Mermaid Tears on the top and Brownstone on the body.

Here are the SweetStamps products I used on my card:


I hope you will join in with the STRIPES challenge this week found HERE.

Shelly

3 comments:

ike said...

Cooooooool !!! Awesome background and that is one FAB card :-)

Hugz
IKE xxx

Donna K said...

this is spectacular! so many rich colors and textures. the stencils are great and that Buck...so majestic! love this masculine card!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love your design, and how you made the stripes. Beautiful background too.