Well hello there ---- Happy Thursday all.
Teresa here with a little bit of sweet love ornament just in time for Valentines' Day.
My taste runs a bit toward the more shabby toned colors so the ornament features some of that.
So - let's go shopping.
Globecraft and Piccolo products used.
- Embossing Powder Adhesive
- Assorted Embossing Powders
- Cranberry Wine (on the Heart Piccolo)
- Mardi Gras
- Victorian Bronze
- Vintage Silver
- Vintage Black (on the Key Piccolo)
- Delicate Heart Earring Charms
- Cerchio Key Charm
- Gloss Glastique
- three paper hearts (cut identically)
- fine gauge wire
- Assorted beads
- jump rings
- paper glue (I used a glue stick)
- a good glear gel glue.
- a heart stamp of your choice.
First - you can use the enamel adhesive just like a stamp ink on your stamp.
Then stamp your paper hearts. I used assorted colors of the enamel powders.
On the heart above, I stamped the two Mardi Gras embossed hearts and heat set them. Then came back and stamped the Vintage Bronze heart and embossed it.
TIP ---- These are NOT fine detail powders. There are assorted particle sizes in each jar. I poured out some of the powder on the hearts and dumped the excess off for this part. That leaves mostly smaller bits on the paper to emboss.
Cover all three heart shapes as desired. Also notice that I have pre-scored a fold line down the center of the heart.
Now onto the Piccolos -
I covered both sides of the Delicate Heart Charm with the Cranberry Wine powder. Go ahead - click on that picture and just look at the sparkly bits in there.
After embossing the Heart,
I used the Gloss Glastique to protect and strengthen the shape. Cover one side and let it completely dry. then cover the other side as well.
Simply stunning. (I keep all the little punch out bits too. You will see that pretty heart shape from the center of this in a later project.)
Emboss the key charm with the vintage black powder and cover with the Glastique as well.
Now for assembly. Add a jump ring to the key. And tie on a very fine gauge wire.
Add beads to the wire.
Fold the three heart shapes in half and glue halves of one pair together. leave the other side unglued.
Add the third heart in the same way. But glue the two pieces together.
This will leave one flap open. Lay your beaded wire and key in that flap groove and glue with the gel glue. Then glue that flap closed. (let that dry)
Now add a few more beads and jump ring to the bottom of the heart charm. Tie off your wire to that jump ring.
Hang and enjoy.
Now for the giveaway, each day this week we will chose one person from that day's comments to receive a $10 credit to the Globecraft Piccolo store. Here are the rules:
- Leave a comment on daily posts Sunday, February 2nd through Saturday, February 8th
- You must be a Follower of the Globecraft Piccolo blog
- You must like us on Facebook (click on the Facebook tab at the top of the blog)
- Only 1 comment per day per person
- If you refer a friend and your name is mentioned in their comment, you will get a second entry to the drawing for that day
- Winners will be chosen by Random.org and announced on Sunday February 9th
- You can win on multiple days so be sure to visit each day
The heart hanger is great. I love the vintage look.
What a lovely valentine ornament.
Great hanging Valentine. Love the key ornament.
WOW this is gorgeous!!
Another beautiful creation, the embossing powder colour and texture are fabulous x
Awesome design, love how you used the enamels on the paper heart and the shabby chic look of the ornament.
What a lovely vintage project, Teresa, love the soft muted look of the embossing enamels.
Post a Comment