Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Dragonfly Medallion


  Happy Monday everyone! leslierahye here sharing a few new releases from last month that I just love! I created a back for the Circle frame on corrugated card board. I heat embossed the backing with Mermaid Tears. Next I embossed the Circle Frame with Gilded Rose Gold. I glued the frame to the backing and added a single crystal rhinestone to each loop. Next I embossed some flower tops with the gilded rose and some with the Girls Night Out and layered them to create dimensional flowers. I bent up the petals just a bit to give a little more dimension. I finished off the flowers with a rhinestone as the centers. These were arranged as on the center of the frame.
Finally I embossed the centers of the dragonflies with the Shamrock Dreams and then embossed over the wings again with Mermaid Tears. I love the opalescent effect it gives the wings when these two powders mix! The dragonflies were place on the flowers and frame to complete the look. This embossed medallion makes a great ornamentation for a shelf of a small wall.

I hope you enjoyed my project! Thank you for stopping by today!

 

3 comments:

Robin Horasanian said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Angi MakingMayhem said...

Great use of this Circle Frame! Love the last photo - it really shows the layering beautifully.

Sandy Fredrick said...

Wow this is so pretty, I love the colors of enamel you used and how the flowers and dragonflies give it a 3D effect. Awesome!!!