Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Holding my place



Good morning, Steph  here today with a tutorial for creating a bookmark using assorted G&P products.

Supplies:
  • Holy Cross Charms
  • Rust Embossing Powder
  • Glastique Finishing Glaze
  • Pearl
  • Ribbon

I began by covering the cross with Piccolo Embossing Adhesive and then liberally sprinkling the new Rust Embossing Powder on top. You get a really great aged effect by using this powder. I coated both sides three times to get the desired look.


Once cooled I added a light layer of Glastique on top. I knew I wanted to add several layers to make the Cross more sturdy to withstand continual use, so by applying a light layer each time, the Glastique dries much quicker. Be sure to move the item around on your surface as it starts to set, so it does not stick in place.


Once the Glastique set, I added a pearl to the center of the Cross and tied a ribbon through the top loop. 


If you pop over to my blog you'll see what other projects I've been creating with G&P this week.

1 comment:

apieceoflifespie.com said...

this is such a sweet idea Steph!