Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Crafting cards in a box


Hey everyone, Monica here. I want to share a different way to use the G&P Little Traditional Oval frame. Normally I use these for frames or home decor pieces but I decided to make a gate-fold box card with it from some recycled cardboard I picked up.
Monica Edwards
Supplies:
  • Globecraft & Piccolo Traditional Oval Frame
  • Spellbinders Dies 
  • Bo Bunny Patterned Paper
  • CTMH Sentment Stamp
  • Prima Flowers


For the front of the gate-fold box card I added a vintage clip art image I found online. I used the Spellbinder Blossoms Die to hand-make the dimensional flowers. The card opens in a gate-fold manner.



I added some Prima flowers, feathers and a Spellbinders die to add a border. 


After selecting your paper, spread Glastique on the frame piece or pieces you choose to use and place it face-down on your paper; trim excess with an craft knife.


I added some micro-mini beads to the inside of the bubble for added flair before sealing it to the background paper. You can see the beads gathered in the bottom of the bubble.


These bubble frames are so versatile and come in different shapes too; they can literally be used anywhere! Totally love how the whole project turned out. Hope you enjoyed my post. Hop on over to my blog to see more G&P inspiration.

Click the shopping link below to purchase your Globecraft and Piccolo frames!

3 comments:

linda said...

This is a beautiful dimensional card. I love the way the bubble presents such a focus inside the card.

Mae Lewis said...

This is gorgeous!

Candy Spiegel said...

I love it!