Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Just a fashionable little note

Card with G&P Vintage Dress Forms Accents and Temple Stone Embossing Powder.





Linda here and I've never claimed to be a cardmaker. I started as a scrapbooker and moved into altered arts rather quickly. I always found it a bit tricky to work with the smaller surface of a card versus the 12 inches of a scrapbook page. But over the years I've accepted that I, too, can actually make a card worth giving.



Linda Neff
I especially like our G&P bookboard accent pieces for cardmaking. They can be used for just about anything but I think they're a perfect size for a smaller surface and thin enough they will still go through the mail rather well.

What I love about cardmaking is it's the perfect solution for all my leftover paper. I started here with my base card, which I make from heavy weight white cardstock. I usually make A2 size cards (4 1/4 inches by 5 1/2 inches). I like the size to work on and it's easy to find envelopes for this size. I cut the pattern paper to 5 1/4 inches by 3 1/2 inches. Punched one long edge with a decorative border punch and inked all the edges with black ink. The solid strip that fills in the bottom is 5 1/4 inches by 1 inch; edges are inked.

Then I used the G&P Vintage Dress Forms Accents. I love the notion of vintage sewing items and the detail in these bookboard dress forms is spectacular.


After removing the pieces from their backing. I used the G&P Embossing Powder Adhesive which comes in a dabber format. Love the dabber format! It is so easy to get good coverage with the dabber and if I need to get into small spaces or fill in a small detail I just pop the top and dip in a small paint brush.

So, I grab my Temple Stone Embossing Powder to use on the dress forms. I selected the Temple Stone because it is basically black with specks of white and gold.


It reminds me of wrought iron and that's what I want the dress forms to look like. I dab one of the dress form pieces with the embossing powder adhesive then sprinkle on the Temple Stone powder, tip the excess onto a paper to collect and return to the jar. Then I heat set it using a heat gun. Do this with all the pieces.

Once all my pieces are ready assembly takes only a few minutes to put this card together. I stamp a sentiment onto white cardstock, punch it out with a scallop circle punch and use a piercing tool to create a faux stitched look around the edges. I tucked a strip of ribbon behind the papers before adhering them to the card base (tie a loose knot in it first) and used a tiny pin to attach the sentiment to it.

Adhere the Vintage Dress Form Accents with Glastique Matte and you've got a card!


Click on the link below to purchase products to create your own greeting cards.

3 comments:

apieceoflifespie.com said...

This is a really classy and fabulous "just a note" card!

byondbzr said...

So pretty!

Mae Lewis said...

I love that Piccolo set, it looks great on everything! This is a beautiful card!