Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

White Christmas in July x2

Welcome to the weekend!


I've seen a lot of "Christmas in July" projects lately and that got me thinking about designing CAS (Clean and Simple), but elegant cards. I love the white on white, but can't seem to get the hang of it...lol


I love how simple these cards are! Once you get the technique down, you can make a set of these in no time!

Here's what you'll need from the G&P shop:

Other supplies (linked items will take you to our sister store: Sweet Stamps):
snowflake stamp (such as THIS one)
foam tape/squares/circles
white cardstock

The first card is your standard ink up your stamp with the Enamel Powder Adhesive Fluid, sprinkle on the powder and heat. 

I found the easiest way to make sure my squares were centered was to adhere the bottom squares first, beginning with the center square. Then place 5 foam squares on the back of the embossed squares and adhere.



Another reason to love Ruby Red Slippers! It's the perfect Christmas Enamel Powder - look at the gold and all of the flecks of colors...simple gorgeous!

After I finished the first set of cards, I decided to make a 'negative' and try another technique. This one takes a little time and preparation, but it's so worth the WOW!  (Click here for the basic tutorial on how to stamp into the embossing enamel.)


A few tips: Dab the adhesive fluid on cardstock in an area large enough to cover your stamp and more. I did 2 layers of the enamel, then stamped. Be sure to press firmly and give it a minute to cool before pulling off the stamp. Don't forget to ink up the stamp with the Adhesive Fluid and then the Tuxedo Black before melting the powder, so you'll be ready to stamp!


That's it! If you have any questions or comments, be sure to post them below!

Inky hugs,
Angi

2 comments:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Two wonderful Christmas cards, I love the simple look of the first card but really love the stamped enamel squares on the second one, they look like metal

Angi MakingMayhem said...

Thanks, Sandy! Wait until you see the second one in person...I love the Ruby Red Slippers Enamel Powder. It's lovely.