Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

He is Risen

As Easter approaches, I wanted to reflect on the religious meaning of the holiday.  I love the new crosses available with the March New Release, so used one on my card.
 I stamped just the center portion of the large Cross stamp on White cardstock and on a purple cardstock. I cut out the white one and layered it on the purple one.  The cross is embossed with Enamel Embossing Powder.
 I used my small quilting ruler and measured in 1/8" and laid down a strip of 1/4" Scor Tape all around the edge of the cardstock.  I rubbed over the cardstock with the antistatic bag, then removed the top film and covered it with embossing powder.
 As always, the shimmer makes it so hard to get a good picture : )  I wish for you a Blessed Easter!

Products I used from the SweetStamps store:

5 comments:

Sandy Fredrick said...

This is beautiful, I love the way the stencil worked as the background for the cross.

Migdalia said...

Absolutely beautiful!
Have a wonderful day,
Millie
Crafting With Creative M

Donna K said...

Love the spiritual theme of this lovely card, Shelly!

Sherrie K. said...

So BEAUTIFUL!
Sherrie k

Terry said...

Background amazingly brings eye to the message and the sweat blood-drops for us for all of the populations. Your idea really carried positive motion. Thank you for sharing. Keep Looking UP!