Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pink and Pastel Birthday

I love the Spring colors and I think they coordinate perfectly with the SweetStamps challenge this week- Pink.


 I initially was going to sponge on the color, but just applied it Direct to Paper using the Ink Spots. I used the Tulip Stencil over the top of the colors using In the Pink Ink. I added splatters of black and touches of a border stamp from the You Brighten My Day set. I used the stem of the flower in the same set for my flower stams, and added Kiwi Green leaves using another stamp from the same set.  Next, using a Prismacolor pencil, I added dots  and dashes in white. I used the Wink of Stella Green for the Piccolo Flourishes, and was inspired by a card by Donna K using her Piccolo's 'naked' or 'au natural', so I just added a touch of shimmer in the centers using the Stardust pen. The dragonfly Piccolo was embossed using the Brownstone in the center and Mossy Glen on the wings.

Products I used from the SweetStamps Store:

3 comments:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome design, I love the splashes of color over the stencil, the piccolo flowers and the faux stitching.

Roxie said...

Love your background Shelly, looks great with the Piccolo flowers.

D- said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}