Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Watercolored Roses

Morning.
Nazeema, here to share a fun way to use the stencil just released last month. 
This week, it was all about flowers.  So going with the theme, I grabbed the new Spring Florals stencil.  This stencil is 6x6 and has 4 different flowers on it, which are all fabulous.
For my card today, I used only one of the roses for this card.  I started by cutting the rectangular shape using a die and scrap piece of cardstock.  I did this because, I knew I was going have a great white space area and this was easier than masking.  Using the Spring Floral stencil, I added some color using my Intense color pencils.  Holding the stencil in place, I took a small brush and very little water and colored the area.  I did the same step for the other two roses, just flipping the stencil and turning it to get a different angle.   
After the water dried, I rubbed the edges with Blue China distress ink.  It was a little brighter than I wanted it to be, so I toned it down with Antique Linen.  I created a thick border around the image and stamped the sentiment. 

Here are the supplies I've used on my card today: 
                         

2 comments:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful design, I love the way you layered the roses and the sentiment.

Unknown said...

Life is full of many challenges. Challenges that will make you or break you depending on how you handle it. Visit my site for more updates. God Bless to your site.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net