Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Wooden Chick Tags

Happy Easter everyone!!! 
Hope you have a fun-filled weekend planned with lots of CANDY and LOVE and LAUGHTER! 
This year we bought some See's Candies thru my son's school and I love the pretty Easter paper, but it was just lacking a little something!   So I turned to my supplies for a little help. 

I had so much fun making these wooden tags. 
Here is a picture tutorial on how I achieved it. 
Supplies: 
Memento Ink: Rich Cocoa
Wooden Tags 
Stamps: Bunny and Chicks Circles

I bought the wooden tags from Michaels, during Christmas, not sure if they still have them, but there are lots of other companies that make them too.   I took the black round sticker off and lightly sanded it, to give it a smoother surface.   Then I stamped the image using the Memento ink and I held it in place for about 15 seconds, that way the wood would soak up the ink. 


Then I colored them using Prismacolor pencils.   I only used three colors and not a lot of pressure was needed when applying color.  Just remember to color with the grain of the wood first and then go back and fill in the gaps, once the first layer has been applied. 

Here is a close up of one of the tags.

 Happy Easter and thank you for stopping by today! 
Hugs. 

3 comments:

Sandy Fredrick said...

These are so cute. I love how the little chick looks on the wooden tags.

Angry's Wargame Bunker said...

Hi great reading yoour blog

Angry's Wargame Bunker said...

Thanks for aa great read