Hello, Charlotte here and I want to share my altered baby shoe using Piccolo Enamel Powders and Piccolo Charms. I have been wanting to alter a baby shoe for a longtime, but I just needed to find the right shoes and the right products. I came across this pair of baby shoes in a local thrift store. I knew immediately the combination of the Piccolo Enamel Powders and these shoes would be make the perfect bronzed altered baby shoe.
Piccolo Copper Kettle Enamel Powder
Piccolo Enchaned Aubergine Enamel Powder
Piccolo Gilded Rose Enamel Powder
Piccolo Mermaid Tears Enamel Powder
Piccolo Vintage Copper Metallic Powder
Piccolo Mossy Glen Enamel Powder
Piccolo Beautiful Horses Charm
Piccolo Heart Charm
Piccolo Enamel Powder Adhesive
Creative Vintage Brad Charms
Tim Holtz Salvage Stickers
Close to My Heart Chocolate Distressing Ink Pad
ColorBox Venetian Lace Graphics 45 Decades Ink Pad
Colorbox Leather Mix'd Media Inx
Bo Bunny Trinkets
Kaisercraft Paper Roses
- Spray paint a child's shoe with flat black enamel spray paint.
- Apply a coat of the Piccolo Embossing Powder Adhesive to the front section of the shoe.
- Immediately after applying the adhesive, sprinkle Piccolo Copper Kettle Enamel Powder over the embossing adhesive on the shoe. Using a heat gun, emboss the shoe.
- After you have embossed the shoe, the shoe will look like a beautiful bronzed baby shoe. The Piccolo Copper Kettle is so stunning, I just wanted to leave the shoe alone but decided to continue to alter the shoe.
- Distress a piece of ribbon by running an ink pad over the ribbon. Using hot glue, adhere the ribbon the front of the shoe. Glue several paper blooms to the front of the shoe.
- Use a safety pin to attach a metal charm to the shoe strap.
- Apply a coat of the Piccolo Embossing Powder Adhesive to the front and back of the Piccolo Beautiful Horses Charm.
- Immediately after applying the adhesive, sprinkle Piccolo Enchanted Aubergine Enamel Powder over the entire surface of the charm. If you are using a tidy tray, gently tap the corner of the charm on the tray to remove all the excess embossing powder.
- Tap off excess enamel powder and melt powder with heat gun.
- After the Piccolo Enchanted Aubergine Enamel Powder has cooled, glue a photo to the charm.
- Apply a heavy coat of Glastique to the charm, covering the entire photo. Set the charm aside and allow the charm to dry for 24 hours.
Gently remove the Piccolo Heart Charm using tweezers, needle or toothpick. After you have removed the filigree Heart Charm, coat the heart using Piccolo Mossy Glen Enamel Powder. Tap off excess enamel powder. Use tweezers to keep the pieces in place and melt the powder with a heat gun.
- Using hot glue, attach a piece of ink distressed ribbon to both sides of the outer counter of the shoe.
- Glue a vintage brad to the glued ends of the ribbon on the shoe.
- String a piece of the ink distressed ribbon through the charm's hole and tie a bow. Glue the charm to the shoe's inner edge.
- Adhere the embossed Filigree Piccolo Heart Charm inside the shoe with hot glue.
- Fill the shoe with coordinating embellishments and secure the embellishments with hot glue.
Thanks for stopping by the GlobeCraftMemories Blog
A Pretty Pile of Paper Chaos http://suepup.blogspot.com/
This shoe was inspired by Thespoena Mc Laughlin.