Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Adding sparkle to G&P acrylic bezels



Hello! Tracy here with another tip using Globecraft & Piccolo products.

I love using the G&P Assorted Acrylic Tag Bezels, the layering and embellishment possibilities are endless. One of my favorite ways is to use the G&P Embossing Powders is on the acrylic bezels. I feel the embossing powders add a flash of color and/or sparkle that ties the piece together.



With this bezel I applied Piccolo Embossing Powder Adhesive to the edges of the bezel. Then sprinkled on G&P Micro Gold Embossing Powder on the edges of the bezel. I used a heat gun to set the embossing powder.



I always apply a thin layer of Glastique Gloss Finishing Glaze to the top of the embossing powder. The Glastique protects the embossing powder and if you are going to put a layer of Piccolo Instant Cure UV Resin on top, the Glastique layer seals the embossing powder and prevents air bubbles from forming in the resin.



Inspired by the Tips and Tricks you see on the Globecraft & Piccolo blog? Post your projects on the Globecraft & Piccolo Facebook page!

Until next time, Safe travels! 

2 comments:

apieceoflifespie.com said...

OH my goodness! this is just beautiful Tracy! :-)

linda said...

It is beautiful!