Hello my fine feathered friends!
I thought I'd try my hand at steampunk, and I'd love your feed back!
Let's make this!
What you need:
Word Sticker (Tim Holtz), sparkling ultra fine glitter (My Stamp Box), mica chips (USArt Quest), metal gear brad (Eyelet Outlet), alcohol inks (Ranger), clamp or clothespin.
What to do:
1. Peel the blue protective stuff off of both sides of the acrylic charm. Ink up the front with alcohol inks.
2. Punch out the gear and coat the two larger gears with enamel adhesive fluid. Coat one gear with Vintage Black powder and the other with Aged White powder. Heat to melt the powders and activate the adhesive. Coat the remaining gear and the little turn key with gold 3D Enamel Gel. Coat the two circles that punched out of the gears with Copper enamel gel. Let dry.
3. Once your gears are completely dry and set, cut the prongs off the gear brad and use a little E600 to adhere it over the largest gear. Clamp together for a few minutes to ensure a secure bond.
4. Paint some glossy Glastique onto the acrylic charm. Sprinkle with the sparkling glitter and mica flakes. Let dry and then use a soft paint brush to sweep off the excess.
5. Paint the back of the sticker with Glastique and add it to the bottom edge of the charm. Coat top of sticker with matte Glastique.
6. Use the E600 glue to adhere the gears to the charm (I use a toothpick to put the glue onto the gears). Clamp down (put your clamp on the metal gear so you don't mar the surface) for a few minutes to be sure it's good and stuck. Add the two copper circles, the bail, and put onto the necklace. There ya go!!