It's Laura here. Today, I am sharing a turtle pendant with you. It features Globecraft 3D Enamel Gels and Instant UV Resin. Let me explain how it is done.
Globecraft Acrylic Tag Bezels
Globecraft 3D Enamel Gels in Ultramarine Blue
Globecraft 3D Enamel Gels in Deep Blue Sky
Globecraft 3D Enamel Gels in Blue Green
Globecraft 3D Enamel Gels in Dark Green
Globecraft 3D Enamel Gels in Avocado
Piccolo Instant UV Resin
Piccolo Easy Grip Tweezers
Manicurist UV Light or Direct Sunlight
Large Round Earring
Metal Turtle Chain Link
1) Remove the earring finding from the hoop.
2) Chose the bezel that is at least as large and closest in size to your metal piece.
3) Use a Sharpie to trace around the metal.
4) Cut on or just inside the Sharpie line. You will either need patience (which I have none) or scissors (fortunately, I have these) to remove the excess acrylic.
5) Rub and rotate the edges of the acrylic on the sandpaper. You are trying to make the acrylic the same size or slightly smaller than the metal.
6) Remove the blue plastic, wipe and set aside.
6) Use the wire cutters to remove the "eye" ends from the turtle.
7) Squeeze the blue Enamel gels onto the acrylic. You may wish to make the trails "swirly."
8) Use a pin to swirl the colors together.
9) While the enamel is still wet, place the metal on the acrylic and set aside.
10) Squeeze the Dark Green Enamel Gel over the turtle.
11) Use a little paper towel to gently rub off some of the Enamel Gel.
12) Squeeze some of the Avocado over parts of the turtle and blend a little with the pin.
13) Use the tweezers to place the turtle onto the project while the blue gel is still wet.
14) Let dry completely.
15) Squeeze Instant UV Resin over the project and cure under UV Light or in the sun.
16) Repeat step 15 a few times, alternating between the front and back of the project until you are satisfied. I used two coats on each side.
17) Use the bail to attach the project to the chain and wear!
Thanks for stopping by today. Come check out my blog at www.rememberinglifesmoments.blogspot.com any time!
Remembering Life's Moments