Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Art Nouveau Garden

Good morning Stampers! I'm glad to be back with you for another Guest Designer post. The theme for this week's challenge is 'In the Garden'! You can find that challenge here and I hope you play along with us this week. I actually combined the Monthly Technique Challenge along with the weekly challenge for this project. The Monthly challenge is to create a Double Side Step card and you can read more about that in the previous post.
For the center medallion, I used the Cabbage Rose ATC 1011Stamp and stamped out several images on white card stock. I colored three images with my alcohol markers and cut out the center part of the flower, the midsize section and the entire flower excluding the leaves. I cut out leaves from several of the images and kept those separate. In the next step, I assembled the flower using foam dimensional dots. I chose a die cut image of designer paper as the background for this center flower and attached the flower to this background with another foam dot. Once the flower was in place, I decided on where to place the leaves and then added a bit of Crystal Stickles for a little glitz!


The side panels were made using the Art Nouveau Vertical Border 4008 Stamp which I stamped onto smooth white card stock. I colored the leaves and flowers with alcohol ink markers and it looked good but I wanted a little something more. I decided to also color the background and when it was finished, it looked like designer paper which matched perfectly with the actual designer paper that I used on this card.

For the sentiment, I lined the card base with the same designer paper that I used to back the stamped images and then layered two additional die cuts on top. One in a contrasting but matching designer paper to which I added bling. The top layer is smooth white card stock that I stamped the Special Day Sentiment. I edged the die cut with a light aqua alcohol marker and added more stickles.

If you would like to see a complete materials list for this project, please visit this post on my blog.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Paula

3 comments:

Donna K said...

Gorgeous design, Paula! What fabulous colors and florals for your garden/side step card. Oh my this is wonderful.

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

What a gorgeous card! Love how you combined the two challenges and the colors are fabulous! So pretty!

Shelly Schmidt said...

You have some amazing skills my friend!!! This is simply Gorgeous down to the last detail!!!