Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

You're Invited


It's a Barbeque. Kinda. It's actually a barbeque invitation kind of day. 

The set I used is one of the new items over at the Globecraft and Piccolo shop. 




Here's the rundown on the items I used. 

-Pure Platinum Embossing Powder (the utensils and the grill rack area) 
- Deep Red 3D Gel (flames)
- Orange 3D Gel  (flames)
- A tiny Paint Brush
- medium Green stamp pad (This one from SweetStamps is similar in shade)
- a blue Stamp Pad (this one is very similar) 
- an Invitation Stamp
- Card Stock


I used a paint brush to make grass shaped lines with the Embossing Powder Adhesive and embossed the grass using the Mossy Glen Powder. Then I used my favorite tool (my finger) and smeared the green in to fill in the grassy area. Using a torn sponge, light tap a blue toned background for the sky. 

Emboss the utensils and the grill rack area with the platinum - I painted these in with the paintbrush and the Embossing Powder Adhesive. 

Add "handles" to the utensils with the Deep Red 3D Gel. and set aside to dry. 

Emboss your words from the Set with the Deep Blue Sky Embossing Powder. Stamp the You're Invited Image at an angle on the card. Align and glue the wording below the stamp.

Now the grill itself - I used three layers of the MicroBlack Embossing powder. It gives a nice texture to the grill parts. 

The flame was done by dotting the Honey Mustard and Orange 3D Gel and running a toothpick through it to mix the colors. 

Adhere everything down using Glastique - I used gloss, but it also comes in a Matte Finish. 

Add the details inside - Mail and enjoy the great food and great company of friends. 




2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this one!!!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Wonderful invitation. I love the colors of enamel you used for the grill and the red handles on the utensils. Cool way of making the grass too!!