Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Molded Embossed Embellishments

Happy Monday everyone! leslierahye with a steampunk fatbook page that I create using embellishments that I made with Piccolo Emboss Powders. I am a mold addict--there, I said it. I think molds are awesome...from molded food and resin projects to jewelry projects and more...molds are, simply put, FUN!


Today I used silicone molds which come a variety of ways. There are companies that make them special for embellishments and then there are food companies that make them for decorated cakes and there are also companies that sell the materials to make your own mold! I chose to use molds for crafting embellishments.I found that heating up the mold a bit before adding a sprinkling of emboss enamel helped the enamel to melt faster and stay in the mold rather than flying out! I added enamel in metal colors to the gear molds and built up my molten pile until it was near the edge of the mold. Once I was happy with the fill, I set my mold to the side to cool completely. Before popping out the embellishments, I zapped the edges of the mold one more time to melt the thin "flash". Once removed from the mold you can add more paint or colorants, sand or whatever. I like the shiny metal look of the gears but on some I zapped the top of the gear to give a textured metal look! I think these were perfect for my steampunk fatbook page~!
I hope you enjoyed my project! Thank you for stopping by today!

5 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

I LOVE THESE ------

TangledBlueRose said...

Really love your project! I love this idea of making your own embellies :)

Angi MakingMayhem said...

Cool page, Leslie! Great minds think alike! I've been playing with my clay molds, too. Which items on your page were made with the molds & embossing enamels?

Sandy Fredrick said...

I love the molded design and the steampunk look. Awesome!!!!

leslierahye strickland said...

all of the gears and the clock piece Angi! They are great fun! I just dug through my molds that I had made myself with AMP....so many possibilities.