Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A Jazzy Note for You!



  Happy Wednesday everyone! leslierahye here sharing a "note" card to send to your friend to "jazz" up their day! I love the way emboss powders make simple card stock look like rich metal! I stamped my background notes using the Enamel Powder adhesive with Micro White powder on Kraft card stock. I then layered on colors of chalk to get the colored background. Next I tore the edges and curled them a bit and added more adhesive to dip the edges in my favorite Victorian Bronze!
I die cut 2 alto saxophones...I used one as a template for applying the shadow and highlight with chalk on the center of my card. I "double dipped" the embossing on the 2nd one. First I applied the adhesive, sprinkled Victorian Bronze and then heat set. Next I applied another layer of adhesive, sprinkled with Gilded Rose and heat set. Finally I embossed an ATC Bubble Background with Victorian Bronze and trimmed apart sections to float around my Saxophone.
I mounted this on a piece of black card stock to enhance my metal embossing...the inside of the note will have a slip of white paper to make writing with normal utensils easier! 

  I hope you enjoyed my project! Thank you for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome!! I love how you made the background piece and added the shadow to the saxophone.

Sherrie K. said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeous! I love the texture:) Very cool card!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com