Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

A Midsummer Night's Dream


I am SO sorry this post is late! I hope you enjoy it!

When I first started rubber stamping Shakespeare was all the rage. A few movies had just come out and everyone was obsessed with William (honestly, I have never read a thing he’s written), but I did like the costume and pageantry of the time period.   When I saw this new Piccolo the first thing that came to my mind was “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”. So as to not disappoint my muse, this is the creation that was born.
Shows some bling
What I Used:
A 5x7 Canvas
Gesso
Embossing Enamel in Starry Star and Siam Silver
Female Stamp from The Stampsmith
Distress Markers in Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Worn Lipstick and Tumbled Glass
Distress Paints in Seedless Preserves, Milled Lavender & Chipped Sapphire
Silhouette Machine (to make the letters)
Silver Paper (for the letters)
Crafters Pick Adhesive
Bling on a Roll - Silver

First, let me preface with I am not used to using canvas.  I prefer boards, but I have some canvas that needs to be used.  So after I made my first background, or, tried to make it, I realized I needed to gesso my canvas if I wanted a smoother background.  So after the gesso dried, I used Distress Paints to make a purple and blue summery night sky. 

Then, I swooshed my Embossing Fluid and embossed the swoosh with Starry Sky. 

I had stamped the Stampsmith stamp on glossy paper & colored her with the Distress Markers. I fussy cut her out and glued her to the canvas.  I then embossed the word accent and the flourishes with Siam Silver.  I used my Silhouette machine to cut out the words “A Midsummer Night’s”, I added some bling to the D and to each “i”.  I added the silver embellishment and I put it all together and created my Midsummer Night’s Dream.
  
This picture shows a little less bling
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial. Thank you! Christi

No comments: