Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Fairy in a Bubble


  Happy Wednesday everyone! leslierahye here playing with the Small Traditional Oval Bubble Frame Kit! I love the vintage feel of these frames--it reminds me of the photos in my grandmother's house. Today I've used a free vintage fairy download and printed it on card stock to the 3×5" size 4 times. Next I trimmed out "layers" of my image so that I could stack the layers with foam in between  to make my image dimensional. I added a small butterfly charm (I removed the hanging loop) embossed with Bahama Aqua to the stack under the globe. I adhered my layered image to the back of the Traditional Oval Bubble Frame. As I was using the frame sideways, I removed the photo stand backing so that I could display on a shelf with a floral frog.
I next used the bottom ring and layered enamel powder using the enamel powder adhesive to adhere the powder to the chipboard. I began with Bahama Aqua and then added Mermaid Tears. Next I used a music background stamp with the adhesive fluid and Deep Blue Sky. I then used the middle ring and layered Poodle Skirt and Aged Pink.
To Adhere the layers I used a white heavy body glue and held it closed with clothes pins until dry. I added my little metal roses to the base to echo the roses in the fairies hair. I edged around the large frame with a black marker to finish off the edge of the chipboard.

  I hope you enjoyed my project! Thank you for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Wow, what a gorgeous ornament. I love the layers on the angel and how the butterfly looks in her hand. Awesome color combinations of enamels on the ovals,