Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Fishy Tale ATC



 Happy Wednesday everyone! leslierahye  sharing a fun embossed ATC with new release gels and Piccolos and some fun techniques. I hope you enjoy!
 I begin by layering and mixing various Emboss Powders on my ATC base--the initial powders were adhered with emboss adhesive but the remaining powders were added while the enamel was hot! I added Mossy Glen and Starry Sky to a base of Mermaid Tears and Aged White. I embossed the fun Bubble background with Mermaid Tears and added it to the background while the enamel was hot~it is basically embedded into the background.

 Micro beads were added to a few of the bubbles and held in place with a glob of glossy glastique.

I needed orange enamel gel so I mixed the new pearls together to create orange
 I purposely globbed on the orange gel for a special technique that leaves lots of texture.
 Once the enamel is dry to the touch I zap it with the heat tool making it bubble and pop! It creates the most fun texture. I used this technique this past Halloween with green to make bubbling potions and creepy backgrounds for cards. In this instance it gives the fish a scaly appearance when Glossy Glastique is added to the top.
 note: the gloss and shine of these make photographing difficult and the bubbles appear cloudy despite them being clear. 

I hope you enjoy my project!


I hope you enjoyed my project! Thank you for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love your project and the technique you used on the fish. Love the bubbled effect and the added element of the micro beads. Awesome!!

Angi MakingMayhem said...

Love how parts of the background look like algae! The Bubble Background looks like it's part of the base...great look!