Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

DIY Project Life Cards - 'Washi' & Words


Hello, Friends!

Welcome to another Monday with Angi! Do you scrapbook? I have never been a traditional scrapbooker (is there such a thing anymore?!), but I have always used pocket pages/page protectors. I love collecting ephemera: tickets, receipts, stories of the every day...anything that tells or represents the story.

Royal Sterling Embossing Enamel
I also love embossing powder. Seriously. It's my favorite, never want to be without, go-to supply item. You can add shine, texture, richness, color, etc. to a project with this simple powder that magically transforms with heat! And have you seen the Embossing Enamel powders in the Globecraft & Piccolo shop? They're fabulous!

Mossy Glen Embossing Enamel
I'm a list maker, note jotter, doodle in the notebook kind of girl, so I used supplies I have on hand to make a few simple 3x4 cards to throw in my purse to jot down the stories, quotes, things my kiddos say or whatever is on my mind. Eventually, the cards will be placed in our family album.

Aged White Embossing Enamel
Supplies Needed:
Globecraft & Piccolo Embossing Enamels in your favorite colors

Here are the Enamel Powders I used for these cards:

Aged White
Bahama Aqua
Deep Blue Sky
Mossy Glen
Poodle Skirt
Real Rust
Royal Sterling
Temple Stone
Vintage Copper
Enamel Powder Adhesive Fluid

white cardstock cut down to 3x4 (round corners, if you prefer)
Ranger Archival Ink
Misc. Stamps: words, 'washi', flags, etc. (I used various washi and word stamps.)
Heat Tool

Bahama Aqua Embossing Enamel
Ink up your stamp using the Adhesive Fluid, sprinkle on your powder and heat. Ink up your words/sentiment and stamp them on the card.

Real Rust Embossing Enamel

Temple Stone Embossing Enamel


Did you like the cards? Which one is your favorite? If you make a card or two, be sure to share it with us on the Globecraft & Piccolo Facebook page!



4 comments:

Calypso's Crafts said...

Stunning Angi!! I love them all!!

leslierahye strickland said...

Love this idea! Even if you weren't a project lifer these would make great journal cards for traditional scrapping too! :)

maggiegracecreates said...

we used stamped index cards for my daughter's wedding. the guest left notes for them and dropped them in a suitcase --- I really wish I had known about the deep blue sky powder at that time ------ the blue would have been perfect --- this is an awesome idea.

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love how you used the enamels on the the note cards, nice way to add some wonderful colors and designs.