Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Vintage Lady - Julie Warner Guest Designer

Hello and thanks for stopping by! Today is my last post as the February Guest Designer and I can't tell you how much fun it's been! I've had such a wonderful time working with these beautiful images and adding to the fun challenges each week. I've saved this lovely lady for last....to use my favorite color..GREEN. I love all shades of green and I especially enjoy contrasts so I added dark pink and peachy shades to play off the greens. After coloring Margery with Copics, I die cut her with a mega oval then embossed her with the oval from the Radiant Rectangles set then added her to the green die cut from the same set. The designer paper is from Prima and I used it because the vintage style seemed to go with my vintage lady. But...the paper didn't have quite enough of the peachy pink colors so I used a Copic to add more of these colors to the paper. I also used the bisque & sardonyx Copics to color the seam binding I used for the wrinkled bow. The finished card is 4.25 x 5.50 and these are the Copics I used. And in case you're wondering, the blue violet was used for the shadows on Margery's skin.
Thanks so much for stopping by

Supplies:
stamps: Sweet Stamps - Margery
paper: X-Press It, green dp (Basic Grey-Wander ), printed (Prima - Almanac)
accessories: Copic markers, pearls, Spellbinders mega oval & radiant rectangle dies, seam binding, mini bowdabra

6 comments:

Donna K said...

Oh, Julie…I'd say you've saved the best for last, but all of your projects have been so wonderful. This "vintage lady" is no exception! Stunning card. Thanks so much for sharing your tips and secrets AND for being our guest at SweetStamps.

Gail said...

Very lovely card Julie - nice work!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh Julie- I LOVE this card! Your coloring and shading- so beautifully done! Love the pop of green in the BG and the Prima DP is so perfect to highlight the pretty pink and peach colors. It has been such a pleasure to have you as a Guest designer this month: )

ScrappySandie said...

Lovely card, Julie! The classy old fashioned lady is one of my favorite stamps too...and so is the color green! Your coloring is great! I've enjoyed all you have shared this month as guest designer...thanks!

Sherrie K. said...

Such a gorgeous vintage card! love the coloring...beautifully done!
Sherrie K

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome vintage design, even the ribbon looks vintage and I love the green and pink color combination. Beautiful coloring on Margery and she looks like she was made to fit in that oval frame. Love the added pearls on her hat and belt. Thank you again for sharing your wonderful designs with us this month.