Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

HIS and HERS

Hi friends!  Sandy here for my next March guest designer post.  This week is Sweet Stamps'
  Anything Goes challenge
 and the March monthly technique challenge is Coloring Stamps with Inks.
I enjoyed making cards for these challenges.

The first card is Anything Goes. I decided to do a masculine card. I never do enough "guy" cards so for me this a little challenging. I think simple is best so I went with a bunch of layering with mats.
For the coloring, I decided to use a neutral ink and then using Prismacolor pencils, I add just a quick touch of color. I don't think it is too fancy.

For my second card, I wanted to make a more feminine card. It was easier to do to, lol. I used Tim Holtz Distress Markers to color my stamp with ink.  I absolutely love the "line art" that this image has. I think these birds are fabulous. Definitely one of my favorite stamp!  To mat this great stamp, I used Martha Stewart punches.  I also used just the first line of the sentiment stamp on the front and then added the whole sentiment on the inside.

Eagle's Nest & Scripture DUO 3072K
  • Item #: 3072k
  • Manufacturer:SweetStamps.com

AND

Goldfinch Pair & Scripture DUO 3071K

Goldfinch Pair & Scripture DUO 3071K
  • Item #: 3071k
  • Manufacturer:SweetStamps.com

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a blessed day!
See ya next week, 
Sandy

3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love both of these cards- I have not attempted coloring these images...yet! Beautiful!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Two wonderful cards, beautiful coloring, love all the layers. Thanks again for sharing your designs with us.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Two beautiful cards! LOVE the stamps you used!!