Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Spring Steampunk Metals with Emboss Enamel


 Happy Wednesday everyone! leslierahye here to share with you a Steampunk Spring Card that I made and embellished with yummy Piccolo Enamel Powders! All pieces of the card were die cut out of black and brown shades of card stock and then heat set embossed using Enamel Powder Adhesive Fluid. I love the textures created by the various powders. The gears and wings were cut out of Bazzill Black textured card stock. Vintage Copper, Vintage Bronze, and Real Rust were used for the gears. 24K Gold was used for the wings. Aged White was used on the egg and on the frame of the Hexagon Background. Mermaid Tears was used on the hexagons. 
I hope you enjoy my project!


I hope you enjoyed my project! Thank you for stopping by today!

5 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

I love this --- are the wings an electronic cutter or a die that i can buy ----

leslierahye strickland said...

Thanks Maggie! The Wings are available through the sister store sweetstamps : http://shop.sweetstamps.com/Wings-Die-B359-b359.htm

I used just the big wings--cut once on black textured cardstock. I used the enamel adhesive and one coating of the yummy 24K gold powder...once cooled I fluffed the wings...you will understand when you see the die! It's all one piece and the feathers can be "fluffed" ha!

Hope that helps! I love them!!! I think EVERYTHING will need wings for a while in my life!

Morninglass said...

Great piece. I am in love with those hexagons!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love this card, wonderful use of the dies and enamels, love the golden wings.

Angi MakingMayhem said...

Fluffing feathers! lol Great card! Love the color on the wings.