Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Floral Keychain

Morning everyone Tracy here. 
Mothers day & spring are nearly upon us here in the UK, and when I saw Floral Eggs in the new release I had the perfect idea for them, I decided to make a nice keyring...here is how I did it...

I one of the Acrylic Oval Charms & two of the pansy Floral Eggs

I gave both the eggs two coats of Copper Kettle Embossing Enamel, once I did that I stuck them onto heatproof acetate, the eggs are going to go back to back, so make sure you stick the acetate onto the correct side.  

I then cut around the eggs so they now have a acetate backing. 

Using my Spectrum Noir pens I coloured the flowers & leafs, I did this from the back. 

I then removed the protective film from the Acrylic Oval Charms and glued an egg to each side, making sure they line up. 

I then gave the Oval a coating of Turquoise 3D enamel gel, allowing each side plenty of time to dry. 

Once dry I took some fine sandpaper and "roughed" up the Enamel gel..I wanted this to have an aged look, if you do not want this then ship the next few steps...I then used some Distress stain and rubbed over the gel, wiping off the excess. 


I then used some Gilding Wax around the edges.

Each side was then given a layer of UV Resin to give extra protection and had a key chain added . 
And there you go, a lovely floral key chain. 

Items used- 
Distress Stain 
Gilding Wax 
Spectrum Noir Pens 

Happy crafting 

2 comments:

Angi MakingMayhem said...

I love the colors, Tracy! And the pansies... :) Hmm...and I think I need to find me some of this gilding wax!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Awesome keychain, love how you distressed the enamel gel for the aged look,